Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

I love my mom.
  • She's a hard worker. I've never seen my Mom wiggle or connive her way out of a difficult job.
  • She is a strong, tough and fiercely stubborn woman. In the eight grade, I convinced her to jump the electric fence surrounding the family garden. She jumped the fence, tearing her ACL somewhere along the way. However, she didn't cry, complain or go to the doctor for more than 24 hours. By the way Mom, I am still sorry about that one...
  • She is self-sacrificing.
  • She is a detail oriented, perfectionist.
  • She is kind and soft-hearted.
  • A mother to the motherless.
  • Her favorite country song is, "Don't Rock the Jukebox".
  • She's the best sick mom ever! You just try to fight me on this, I'm ready to battle. I get the flu more in one year than most people get in ten. Though I haven't been blessed with a good immune system, I have been blessed with a Mom who knows exactly what I need when I'm sick, without asking what I need. Mom, I've missed you this past week...
  • I have never doubted her love.
  • She never missed a basketball, volleyball, cross-country race or track meet. NEVER! And, after every event, she always found something positive to say, "Wow Kim, you ran that whole race without getting your shoes wet!"
  • I'm a bit jealous of her sewing skills.
  • She can balance a checkbook like its nobodies business.
  • She patiently, but unsuccessfully, tried for years to teach me how to balance a checkbook.
  • chocolate zuchini cake, flank steak, banana oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, manicotti - need I say more?
  • She loves her girls!!!
Happy Mother's Day, Mom. I love you!

No comments: