Saturday, June 22, 2013

Home Assignement and Future Plans!!!

In mid-July I will be flying home to the States for my scheduled Home Assignment.  While home I would love to meet up with you to share a bit of what God has been doing in the Didinga Hills of South Sudan as well as hear what our Lord is doing in your life.

After Home Assignment, as a means of completing AIM’s Bible requirements and building a stronger personal Biblical foundation for future mission service, I will be taking a year long Educational Leave from Sudan to attend Bible school.  I will remain active with AIM throughout this upcoming year, as I do plan to return to my work in Didinga after this time of full-time study.


 After nearly five years of service amongst the Didinga people, I have grown to love them, my work and life there.  I originally planned to complete most of my Bible requirements as a member of the Didinga TIMO team.  However, when that team ended early, I was left with several unmet Bible requirements.  Though I am sad to leave my work in Didinga, even for a year, I am excited about this opportunity to diligently study God’s word, as I believe that it will deepen the cornerstone for my work amongst the Didinga people, my faith, while also serving as a catalyst towards effective future ministry in Sudan.

I am applying to several Bible schools – praying and researching my way through this decision.  I would appreciate your prayers as I attempt to choose the appropriate school, make a cross-continental move, transition back into life in the Western world after years of mud-hut living and attempt to fully trust in God the great Planner and Provider – while living a life which currently a bit chaotic.    

No comments: