Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Look who I surprised surprising me tonight.



Elly is back in Africa for a visit!

I didn't have any idea she was coming until last Sunday. She had been meaning to surprise me, planning to pop out at the Juba airport and yell something like, "Got any room in that tiny plane for me?".

That little weasel!

However, we are missionaries serving with AIM, not secret agents working with the CIA. Fortunately or unfortunately, however your cookie crumbles, her top-secret, secret arrival ended up slipping out.

(Right about now are you wondering just how many times I am going to use the word secret in this blog post? Hang in there, we've still got a few to go.)

Once I was in on the secret, but Elly didn't know that I knew the secret, the fun really started.

Last Sunday, right after I discovered that Elly was coming, I called her. Who can resist the urge to make a friend squirm? Questions like, "So, what does your work week look like?" and "When do you think you will be back in Africa?" just couldn't be avoided!

I really like surprises, but I also really like catching other people in theirs!





No comments: