Thursday, September 1, 2011

Wyoming

In mid-August I made the long trek east to Wyoming. Amelia, one of my dearest friends, calls the ruggedly beautiful state home. What fun it was catching up with her and her two little dearies - two year old, Jack and two month old, Peter.

The trip was not only a great opportunity to spend a bit of quality time with a good friend and her growing family, but also a much desired chance to catch up with a wonderful group of believers in Dubious, Wyoming. I first met the congregation at Wilderness Baptist Church back in 2009. Reuniting with the congregation was an immeasurable encouragement and a highlight of my time in Wyoming.

I am incredibly thankful for this congregation's prayers for the Didinga and the work which is taking place in Nagishot and Napep, as well as their financial support.

I have been greatly blessed by so many in Dubious!!!

Back in the day, Amelia and I found every opportunity we could to get outside. Over the years, some things have certainly changed - she's now a married mommy of two. However, some things have really stayed the same. With a little creativity, a few baby carriers and a good bit of determination, Amelia and I managed to fit in a few amazing Wyoming hikes.

Hike Number Two - Lake Louise

Peter and I hiking to Lake Louise

Lunch for all.


All this hiking would not have been possible without this great lady - Amelia's mom, Wendy. While Amelia and I carried the boys, she acted as the Sherpa/pack mule. Without a complaint, she packed enough diapers, snacks and water to get us all in and, perhaps more importantly, out of the wilderness. Thanks Wendy!!!

One good looking family.



And in reverse order, Hike Number Two - Jade Lake

Hiking to Jade Lake
Katmai the dog, Jack, me, Amelia, Peter (under the blanket), Amelia's dad, Dick and the mosquitoes (not pictured, but I promise you, they were ALL there!!!)

The wild flowers were in bloom. Beautiful!

My friend, the trooper. Because she could, Amelia hiked with her two year old strapped to her back and her two month old snuggled on her front. One strong momma!

Jack fishing with his grandma and grandpa.




No comments: