Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Wunderwoman Triathlon 2011

This past weekend my sister Stephanie and I competed in the Wunderwoman Triathlon. We swam, we biked, we ran our pants off. We had a great time! NO, scratch that. I should say, I had a great time competing until I started that blasted 5K run. That was anything but fun...

However, it was fun racing. I love a little healthy competition!
Oh, and did I mention that we raced against Alli from The Biggest Loser. Stephanie and I chatted with her a bit on the run. She was nice.


The race officials mark your age on the back of your leg.
In my opinion, this marking is an overt athlete humbling tactic.
You might be racing along thinking, "Hey look at me! I'm young, I'm fit, I'm a tri-ath-lete...". When all of a sudden, a perky, yet incredibly wrinkled, 107 year old will whip passed you on her ten speed huffy.
Humbling indeed!!!

We are ready for the swim.

My triathlon partner and sister, Stephanie, me and my cousin Angie.



My parents, my older sister Lachrisa, Stephanie's husband and kids, aunts, uncles and cousins were all up there cheering for us. Hearing my parents yelling for me as I emerged from the water after the swim, really brought me back to my high school athletic days.
They've always been my biggest fan!!!

There we are, green and pink.


And we are off!!!
I really loved competing in the swim.



Stephanie, in pink, finishing the swim.

Stephanie completing the run.
She doesn't even look like she broke a sweat!!!
I was there, finishing alongside her. Yet, after a painful run, one in which I accidentally poured sticky juice over my head, I wasn't looking my best...

Swimming, Biking, Running = FUN, FUN and FUN!!!






1 comment:

Brie said...

Woohoo! Way to go!