Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Giving Thanks!

We celebrated Thanksgiving on Sunday with three fellow Americans, one Canadian, one Aussie and two South Africans. There wasn’t any turkey, but there were plenty of fresh veggies and berries from my garden. 

We feasted, laughed, chatted for hours and then ended the night by praying together. 

It was a lovely. 




And I do have so much to be thankful for…

After two hot weeks in Juba, I am grateful that God called me to the beautiful, mountains of Didinga, and not the Capitol Juba city life.   Sure, those Juba missionaries have running water, electricity and baked chickens available just down the street, but they also have got the heat, oh the heat!, heaps of garbage piled pretty much everywhere and no chance in a million of taking a quiet sunset walk through fields of wildflowers (which is something I love to do here in Didinga). 


I am so grateful that we serve a God who knows the hearts of each of us… for He knit us together in our mother’s wombs.

I am thankful for Joyce and her sweet girls who continue to be a few of my greatest hopes and most consistent joys here in Nagishot.



I am thankful for our Didinga Bible study group.  May God’s word do a mighty work amongst us all.

I am thankful for my new P2-P3 class.  Thank God for little learners!

I am thankful for my family (who I will see in just a few short weeks!!!) who love me unconditionally and think the best of me (even when I give them loads of reasons not to).

I am thankful for my supporters.
I am thankful for their consistent prayers and financial gifts, their interest in my life and faithful partnership in bringing the Good News to the Didinga people.  Without them, I could never be here.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!





No comments: