Sunday, February 12, 2012

Poi and Yaya's New Dresses

Joyce, my good friend, hauls water for us in dry season. As a part of her payment, I had these dresses tailored for her little girls in Nairobi. I appreciate Joyce so much and I love her two little ladies, Poi and Yaya, more than I could ever say.

When Poi first saw her and Yaya's new dresses, she jumped up and down, giggled uncontrollably and repeatedly ran around in circles.
Then, once she realized that there were only two new dresses, she turned to Joyce, and solemnly asked her momma where her new dress was. Joyce sweetly assured her that her new dress was coming soon.
Melted my heart...

It's never easy getting good shot of little ones.

However, Lokoro, the little man on the far left, was adamant about persevering in our picture taking pursuit until we were finally able to subdue a thrilled Yaya and take a good one.