Monday, March 23, 2009

Marilla Makes 9

Lowerhouse
Elly, Tianne with Rose, Me with Marilla and Janette

Tianne’s Didinga puppy, Rose, is learning to share the compound with our ever increasing family. A few of our Didinga friends generously donated three chickens to Janette and Elly. Henny Penny and her two devoted suitors, El Guyou and Crackle Barrel, loudly remind us each morning why “free range” birds are so expensive! And I, who have never had a real heart for animals, somehow became the proud momma of a brand new tabby cat. Marilla, like most other kittens, is naughty and needy, and yet I can’t tell you how much joy I get from that little mouse killer. I love her! I suppose the margin is still fairly large before I become one of those crazy cat ladies with 85 housecats. I ask you to keep me accountable. Seriously!

Tianne, the official animal lover, is still not satisfied with our Didinga brood. She’s looking for a milking goat and water-hauling donkey. Elly, would like a little piece and quiet. And I, well, I’d like a Stumptown coffee, used bookstore and a walk in the rain. I guess we can’t always get what we want!

No comments: